Sunday, January 18, 2009

Steps

Ladies and gentlemen, that day has finally arrived. That's right. Maggie has ventured into the world of walking like a true homo sapien. Today Maggie took 3 steps. Actually, yesterday I got her to take 1 step, but it was through pure coercion. I enticed her with her paci...but today she did it entirely on her own. I was beginning to wonder if she'd be the little butt scooter her entire life! I had these silly visions of her scooting around on her bum at a high school dance. On the bright side, not too many boys would be into that sorta thing. :) Anyways...I knew she would walk in her own time, and I can't say I was all that eager to embrace the stage of life where I have two kids running around. I imagine it won't be too much longer before the scooting is completely gone. I have to admit that I'll miss it!

One of the first things Gabe said after Maggie took her steps was "Yay! We'll always remember it happened on the day the Steelers won the AFC Championship!" Hope for his sake that proves to be the case...Steelers 16, Ravens 7, top of the 4th quarter. Gabe's donned his Steelers shirt and equipped with his terrible towel. Such a true fan. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, great for her! Better for you! What a great accomplishment! Or you can state that the day that the AZ Cardinals are going to the SUPERBOWL! Sounds better!

The Sugden Kids said...

Awe, sniffles....smiles...... so bitter sweet! :)

Congrats on your little walker!!! You must be so proud!