Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fogo!

Saturday we got to take the train to downtown Chicago where our friends Scott and June treated us to dinner at Fogo de Chao. Not only was this my first time to experience Chicago nightlife, but it was also my first time going to the city without my kids. And let me tell you-- the food and service at Fogo is amazing! For those who haven't heard of Fogo de Chao, it is a Brazilian steakhouse. All their succulent meats are seasoned and slow-roasted over an open flame and served tableside at your request!!! What an ingenius idea! Each person has what looks like a dual-sided drink coaster. Flip it to green when you're ready to partake (as in, come to me oh gaucho chef and serve me delicious meat!). Flip it to red when you want to stop (as in, this carnivore can stomach no more at this time!). There were something like 14 different types and cuts of meat....I tried almost all of them but didn't waste my time on the chicken. ;) My faves were the filet and the lamb chops (holy cow that's the best lamb I've ever had!).

I can't believe I'm writing almost my whole post about meat!!! Moving on, I was seriously drinking in the moment as we were able to sit and enjoy our meal, drinks and dessert for over 2 hours. I actually got to eat a hot meal-- uninterrupted! Wow, what a concept!

I can't thank Scott & June enough for such a fun night, and I'm SO thankful we finally found a babysitter so I can go out with my husband more often. And as a final note, if you've never tried a capirinha, the Brazilian version of a mojito, you absolutely must do so! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had such a good time together. May we have many more. How did you get the name of that drink? I couldn't even hear it, let alone spell it later!