Thursday, October 11, 2007

My city

This is the biggest move I've ever done as an adult-- it's so weird to just pack up all your stuff and move over 1,000 miles and call that home. Somehow, with God's grace I suppose, I've slipped into it seamlessly. Even Gabe has (he's usually the one who handles change with less ease). We're still really grateful that we've gotten this opportunity to move here, and I can honestly say that we're really happy here. We're pretty settled into our house now...still a few things that need to get done but we've gotten everything situated relatively quickly (for us anyways-- we usually take forever!)

Chicago is such a cool city! I can't resist saying a few words about our first excursion into the city and posting a few photos. We took the train-- it took about an hour. Pretty nifty little set-up they have with the trains. Most of the day was spent just walking around and checking everything out. It's strange that a collage of enormous skyscrapers can be so beautiful! Mainly, we spent our time in Grant Park. They have all these cool art structures and fountains-- the coolest being the reflective "bean" (see pic). We had such a nice day-- the weather was in the 70's, sunny, nice breeze-- perfect! We just kept pinching ourselves that we were finally in Chicago-- and we can say it's our town! Sweet!

It's cooled down nicely here and lately we've been having beautiful, crisp autumn days interspersed with mellow, rainy days. Ahhh, the seasons...I've missed you!



1 comment:

Carol said...

Hoorah!! The bean! I can't wait till I'm there with you guys! Liam's really excited, too!