Monday, March 31, 2008

Grandaddy, Bobo, Tony...

My Grandaddy passed away on March 20th. We were fortunate enough to be able to attend the funeral in Texas. It was a beautiful service-- I always knew my Grandaddy was a good man, but sitting in the service listening to his life in review, I was deeply impressed by the impact he had on his community. He was a community leader, and he will be greatly missed. He was also a family man. Everyone in the family loved and admired him. Grandaddy's inspiring obituary can be found here: http://www.amarillo.com/stories/032408/obi_obits8.shtml

Although I understand it was his time to go, and probably for the best considering the physical battles he was undergoing, I will deeply miss him. To me he was my Grandaddy. As a kid he teased me and pulled my pigtails. He always had such a fun sense of humor! I miss my Grandaddy, and I am grateful for everything he has been to me and my family. It is so comforting to know that he is with our Lord now...no better place to be!

No comments: